A fantastic opportunity to join one of our most popular clients in the Cranfield area has become available - they are looking for a secretary to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a broad and varied secretarial role, it's primary purpose is to provide high-level secretarial support to its Head of Centre and to support the Centre for Computational Engineering Sciences. Occasional support to the PA and ensuring the smooth and professional running of the department as a whole.
Provide secretarial support within the department (staff, student and tenant occupants) and to the Head of Centre. This would include, but not be limited to:
- Support in running the building (Environment, health and safety, facilities, security)
- General support to Head of Centre - (expenses, diary management, travel, expenses, raising purchase orders, stakeholder liaison, organising meetings, visits and building tours).
- Arranging and planning building management meetings, including note taking, distribution of notes and papers.
- Centre visitor management (events, room bookings, visitor liaison)
- Provide general secretarial support to the Head of Centre and team for the Computational Engineering Sciences Centre, including arranging Centre meetings, note taking and travel arrangements.
- Provide general secretarial support,, including raising Purchase Orders for MSc and PhD student consumables.
Provide support to PA to Director as required. This includes cover in absence, diary management, meeting/event support, email management and providing support to continue the smooth running of the DoT’s office.
Any other administration support requests, including cover in the absence of administration staff
Are you suited to the role?
Educated to A-level standard (or equivalent)
Relevant qualification in business administration.
Sufficient experience in secretarial work and to have a thorough understanding of office systems, processes and databases and spreadsheets.
Experience of developing and managing systems and procedures within a large, complex organisation
Experience of establishing productive working relationships with a wide range of people.
Experience of managing communications and activities of a highly sensitive nature, with recognition of the importance of confidentiality.
This role will be Monday to Friday - with some flexibilities on start and finish times.
£20,454 to £22,799 p.a. with potential progression up to £26,222 p.a
Apply today for a swift response!