We are seeking additional Production Operatives for our client based in Bedford to join their plastics production team on a permanent basis.
You will work rotating shifts, 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm - one week on each.
Monday to Friday. 37.5 hours per week
Production Operative duties include:-
- Accurately weigh out or dispense raw materials in preparation for the moulding process.
- Prepare moulds for the moulding process.
- Operate the overhead gantry crane.
- Load and unload moulds from the rotamoulding machine and cooling station using the gantry crane.
- Operate the rotamoulding machine by selecting the appropriate program.
- Monitor the moulding process throughout to ensure that the process parameters remain within control.
- Demould products from the moulds.
- Trim and finish products ready for the cutting process.
- Check and monitor the product to ensure it meets the quality standards including operation of leak detection unit.
- Liaise with Quality Department staff when required.
- Record process data and product dimensions.
- Load product into, and operate, a semi automatic cutting machine.
- Apply end seals to products and attach edge rails using a variety of hand and air operated tools.
- Inspect finished product to ensure compliance with specification.
- Operate granulating machine to shred waste plastic ready for regrind and recycling.
- Load and unload vehicles (FLT trained operators only).
- Regular daily housekeeping and segregation of waste for recycling including operating baling machines.
You will be physically fit with experience of using a range of hand tools and work well in a team. You will have the ability to learn technical information to understand the production process fully
You will be physically fit and work well in a team. You will have the ability to learn technical information to understand the production process fully.
Our client offers opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive benefits package; a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. A Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
Apply today for a swift response