Area Sales Manager – Service Department – (West Midlands) - £35,000 - £40,000 per year
My client are market leaders in the design, manufacture, installation, on-going service, maintenance and repair of a full line of industrial doors and loading systems. As a result of their success and continued growth over the last 50 years, they have become the preferred supplier of choice for many of the big household names within retail, distribution and logistics to name a few.
• Competitive basic salary
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
• Bonus Agreement
• Premium Company Car
• Company Pension
• Sick Pay
My client are looking for a driven and commercially astute Area Sales Manager to join their Service Department. You will cover the West Midlands providing the sales interface between after sales and clients to maximise existing opportunities as well as continually sourcing new business. Ideally, you will be technically minded and come from and Engineering/Manufacturing background. Due to the nature of the sales in the Service Department, orders tend to be high volume/low value and whilst there are very realistic targets and earning potential in place, we appreciate and acknowledge that people have different motivators.
What you’ll be doing:
• Actively seeking new business and identifying opportunities
• Attending client meetings and visiting sites to carry out detailed site surveys and identifying loading bay solutions
• Maintaining contact with customer base
• Following up quotations
• Actioning sales enquiries from potential clients and department and communicating appropriately in order to clarify requirements
• Ensuring all enquiries are inputted onto the CRM software, generating relevant documentation and preparing and/or revising quotations as necessary
• Ensuring quotes are sent out in line with the job specification, operational guidelines and followed up within the required timescales
• Providing technical specifications and standard drawings to customers and liaising with the project team when non-standard drawings are required prior to order • Utilising software systems to prepare quotations and pricing of spare-parts and products
• Liaising with various external suppliers in order to obtain the best prices for non-standard items Who we’re looking for
• You will ideally have technical knowledge of the loading bay industry
• Be a target driven, with excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills
• A confident negotiator with commercial awareness and the ability to work well under pressure and handle complex issues
My client are a progressive organisation, with an empowering culture. They focus on training and development to improve individual performance, engagement and job satisfaction. This helps their people to deliver quality and work safely, enhancing their reputation and allowing them to retain and grow a large and loyal customer base. Their growth and continued success wouldn’t be possible without their people and is one of the reasons that they have been continuously recognised as an Investors in People organisation for over a decade.
If you are interested in this role please apply today! Alternatively please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or should you have any further questions regarding the role reach out to me on 07514531287