Junior Buyer – Luton £25,000 - £30,000DOE
Siamo Recruitment is pleased to be recruiting a Junior Buyer for a busy and vibrant electrical installation Services company based in Luton.
Excellent training and progression opportunities!
Our client is a global leader in their field and a highly desirable employer. Due to continued growth, they are looking to add a Junior Buyer into their Procurement team.
This is a unique role that will offer you all the training and support needed to start a successful career in purchasing.
I am interested in hearing from Junior Buyers, Purchasing Assistants, Procurement Administrators etc.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and qualifying requisitions.
- Sourcing and negotiating with optimum suppliers.
- Create and maintain good relationships with manufactures/suppliers.
- Negotiating Terms & Conditions of Purchase with key suppliers
- Making procurement recommendations and decisions.
- Manage all of this within company processes, systems, and databases, along with maintaining records of purchases, pricing, item library, and other important data.
- Managing and trouble shoot procurement system issues.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers, delivery times, and mitigate against delays.
- Master procurement method knowhow, procedure and buying standards and give recommendations on continual improvement of purchasing process to gain operational efficiencies.
- Be aware of project budget figures and participate to the engineering budget control.
- Attend Project Meetings when required.
- Managing hiring of goods where required, whilst keeping to a minimum length of time required.
- Calibration of stock equipment when required.
You will need to be familiar with industry standard equipment and technical expertise. You will be knowledgeable of safety, quality, and productivity.
Essential Skills are:
- A broad knowledge of electrical terminology.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook and excel),
- Negotiation abilities.
- Time Management skills an ability to meet deadlines.
- Problem solving skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
- Organized team player.
Communication is a key part of the role alongside extensive electrical knowledge, and all other buyer duties.
If you are looking to work in a friendly and professional company and experienced in electrical buying please send me and email-