WAREHOUSE SHIFT MANAGERS- NIGHTS
BRAND NEW WAREHOUSE
BOLTON - BL3
We have exciting opportunities to work for a leading global logistics company who are opening a brand new operation in Bolton - on behalf of a worldwide online retailer.
Have you experience in a Warehouse or Shift Management role within the warehousing and logistics sector? We want to hear from you!
Employment will be direct with our Customer on a fixed term contract for an initial period of 3 years
Shift - NIGHTS, 20:30 - 04:30. Fixed shift pattern of either Sunday to Thursday OR Tuesday to Saturday.
Excellent benefits include;
Life assurance which is 3 x basic salary
Private health care insurance
BUPA medical cover
Perks at work employee benefits
Purpose of the role
- Management of the day to day running of the warehouse team circa 200 staff
- Yard Control organisation of arriving and departing vehicles, vehicles overnighting in the yard, storage of pallets and other equipment in the yard
- Performance Management to ensure clients KPI are achieved, reporting on variances, implementing corrective actions where necessary
- Organising training of staff, recognising potential in employees and finding opportunities for employees to advance
- Facility Audits, Security, Heath & Safety, MHE licence compliance
- Health & Safety training, implementing and adhering to company policy and procedures, timely reporting of accidents, injuries and other incidents
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment, MHE, IT , arranging maintenance vendors
- Liaise with other departments, such as Transport, I.E. Plant and Engineering TSG etc.
- Ensure compliance with all UK Warehouse legislation
- Daily Monitor of inbound and outbound order flows, ensure cut off times are adhered to, that all orders which need to depart have been shipped
- Monitor of arriving and departing vehicles, ensure delivery slots are maintained, proactively monitor collections to ensure on-time delivery
- Enforcing Health & Safety Policy and Procedure
- Enforcing Site Inductions to all workforce
- Preparing and giving PCM's as well as other feedback to workforce
- Workforce Planning, arrange staff rota and work shift patterns, use system data to build forecasts
- Liaise with Service Providers for temporary workforce
- Ensure inventory cycle counting routine is maintained
- Ensure UPS assets and Equipment are deployed effectively and maintained to appropriate standards
- Escalation point for customers both external and internal
- Present customer performance review calls and face to face meetings
- Travel to various locations for training or assistance
- Ordering Warehouse Supplies
- Ensure all purchases have a related PO
- Prepare Forecast for warehouse cost ensure these are maintained, report on variances
- Recoding of staff / temporary staff hours
- Commercial, ensure charging / invoice accuracy for service performed
You must have a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel to Rugby for the first 2-3 months of training.
Please call Georgia on 01234 215000 or email your CV to email@example.com - BEDINDMANCUP