Waste Management Technician required!
We have an exciting new opportunity for someone who has experience of working within a Waste Management environment.
The role can be a fast-paced position with ever changing requirements and requires someone who is effectively reactive to needs of the role.
You would be supporting delivery of the organisations Environment & Waste management Commitments.
Assisting the manager, you will be ensuring high quality delivery of services on a day-to-day basis, while always evaluating and developing practices and procedures. This will involve assisting with preparing and presenting of reports whilst always reporting progress along the way, assisting with control of budgets whilst ensuring key objectives are met, arranging for Health & Safety checks to be undertaken and ensuring anything is acted on to promote safety and wellbeing.
The role will involve communicating with people of all levels and with people from public, private and voluntary sectors.
Below are some examples of tasks you would be supporting with:
- Creating and monitoring spreadsheets looking at hours worked and overtime.
- Working with the quality management team to look at required action plans.
- Mapping operational and administerial functions and processes.
- Supporting the implementations of a new HR Payroll system.
- Supporting any changes to the operation of recycling and household waste sites
- Assisting with creating effective training packages.
The role usually has an office base; however it is currently working from home, with the need to visit sites and drive the department vehicles will be necessary
Rate of Pay & Hours of Work:
Pay Rate: £10.52 - £11.51 Per Hour
Working Days: Monday to Friday
We are looking for the following:
- MUST have a valid UK driver’s licence and being able to drive up to 7.5 tonne vehicles would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within Environmental and Waste Services
- Excellent Health & Safety knowledge.
- Have excellent IT skills, including excel and word packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to confidently write and present reports.
**COVID-19 – Risk assessments have been carried out to ensure the safety of all workers**
Siamo is an Award-Winning agency who look after their employees and in return for your hard work we offer a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Contributory pension
- Holiday accrual
- High street savings and voucher schemes
- Employee assistance program offering financial, medical, and mental wellbeing support.
- All workers will have access to an easy to use app or online portal to get the most from all our benefits.
We have a dedicated team who ensure you are safe at work and who are contactable always to ensure the support you need.
How to Apply:
Our recruitment process is quick and easy and can be done digitally. We carry out video interviews (Via Teams, Whatsapp, Facetime, Skype) which means the registration process can work around you and your commitments.
So apply now or alternatively call 0116 233 4404 or email email@example.com for more information.