Excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join the IT function of a leading, continually developing and progressive UK wide consumer finance.
Joining our business at a period of significant strategic change, the role will be challenging and exciting; it will see the successful candidate working on cross-platform and cross-business projects, partnering with various business functions to provide expert guidance and support on the use of business support systems and ultimately drive success.
As our business expands and continues to develop new products and services, you will be joining a growing team within a fast-moving and innovative Consumer Finance business who puts its customers at the heart of all its decisions, where you will truly make ownership over multiple tasks and have and direct impact on business success.
If you like continuous improvement and want to be part of something from the start, make a difference by embedding best practice and play an active role in the Functions development, this is the ideal role for you!
Benefits of joining us:
You will join our Birstall (Batley)Support Centre, and will receive a competitive salary and great incentives such as ppension up to 7% matching contribution, 28 days annual holiday, increasing to 31 days after 2 years’ service and 33 days after 5 years’ service, option to buy holidays, travel loans, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox providing 200 perks, discounts and freebies…But more importantly you will be part of a professional team who genuinely believe in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do!
Key responsibilities of our Business Systems Analyst
- Partners with the business to understand what drives the business, key success factors, critical needs and what is needed to make the business unit successful
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating these into functional and non-functional specifications
- Understand key business systems and processes in defining As Is/ To Be Processes
- Responsible for facilitating business requirements and system design sessions
- Analyses and documents business processes. Develops functional and system design specifications. Documents work flows and results of business analysis and obtains approvals as needed
- Provides end user training/demonstrations on new functionality
- Monitors outstanding Issues / software updates and helps prioritise appropriately
- Provides input to help the business better understand how technology can be used to provide efficiencies and better utilise resources
- Demonstrates ability to exercise independent judgment and the ability to take initiative and creatively solve complex problems
- Flexible to assist with the validation of functionality/issues included in a release
- Works with software developers to resolve software issues and to obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and data analysis as needed
- Helps resolve functionality and data issues as needed
- Keeps stakeholders informed on issues and the status of work planned and completed
- Co-ordinates and investigates incidents coming into the BSA team in order to achieve an appropriate resolution
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all business functions
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for in our Business Systems Analyst
You will have great working knowledge and understanding of process gaps and how to identify these, with an analytical mind enabling you to find resolutions using problem solving tools and techniques.
You will have an investigative nature, have experience in successfully implementing change, the ability to develop influential relationships with stakeholders, strong attention to detail and an understanding of working with Agile methodologies. We’re interested in hearing from candidates with:
- Technical expertise gained within banking, financial or retail industries (desirable)
- Qualified BA practitioner to either BSCS or similar level (desirable)
- Prior hands-on experience creating requirements documents, design specifications documents use cases and test cases
- Previous experience with large-scale client/server products
- Experience writing SQL desirable
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in applying a range of change management theory and practices
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with demanding stake holders
- Prior software design and development experience preferred
- The Ability to create, assimilate, and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner, as well as being able to represent ideas graphically
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Business Systems Analyst, click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!