Junior IT Engineer
We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with a leader of network connectivity experiencing exciting growth and looking to build for the future with the opportunity to join them as a Junior Engineer.
You will develop and thrive within this role allowing you to manage relationships externally and internally partnering with Sales, Enginering and Tech Support guiding their customers through a professional and informative journey.
As the Junior Engineer you will manage the relationships from a technical support aspect, driving resolutions and maintaining a professional and personable relationships with customers.
The ideal talent will have exposure working with optical transceivers and IT related certifications (CCNP, CCIE or CISSP) Accompanied with a want to develop, grow and the ability to build personable relationships with clients.
This Junior Engineer will hold the below responsibilities:
- Managing the tech support and customer escalation inbox. Managing multiple enquiries, and balancing priorities.
- Ensuring stakeholders are kept informed, and delegate where possible.
- Build personable and professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Remote customer support duties may include; supporting on calls with customer engineers. Understanding logs and asking troubleshooting questions.
- Validate Optical Transceiver performance and Code compatibility per customer requirements
- Identify gaps in clients product database and work with Engineering to develop new products
- Perform testing to replicate customer environment to help find root cause
- Work jointly with Engineering, PLM, Tech Support and Sales teams to articulate customer requirements
- Weekly and monthly reporting of case workload including solve rate. Analysis on trends and suggestions for improvement
- Assist other engineer team duties as required
Our client requires the below qualifications and characteristics for this Junior Engineer role:
- Optical transceiver hardware component (TOSA/ROSA) performance understanding.
- Ability to read and understand customer design requirements.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, HEX, ASCII, EEPROMs
- Ability to write and present reports
- Ability to interpret a basic network diagram
- Experience with Optical Test equipment related to OTDR, BER, SNR and Sensitivity performance testing
- Experience with I2C, MDIO and SPI protocols.
- Preferred: Understanding of MSA, IEEE and SFF standards relevant to Optical Transceivers
- Preferred: CCNP, CCIE, or CISSP, ITIL, industry recognized IT related certifications.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree (BEng), or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience