Production Lead Operative
We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with a leading manufacturer based within Cirencester looking for a Production Lead Operative to strategically guide and lead a team of 10 reports.
Reporting into the Shift Manager, You will lead all production activities ensuring safety, quality, output and working within budget is essential at all times, leading your team to success.
You will join a team of Lead Operators driving forward performance to improve plant performance. This role is a development role offering a range of upward opportunities within a growing and successful business.
As the Production Lead Operative you will receive the below remuneration and benefits package:
- £37,689.60 + 13.08% Shift Premium = £42,890.76 per annum
- 4-8% employer contribution pension scheme
- Free on site parking
- Canteen and break rooms
- Rotational Shift Pattern working Monday- Friday 06:00am - 14:00pm, 14:00pm - 22:00pm and 22:00pm - 06:00am
This Production Lead Operative role will include the below responsibilities:
- Sets and maintains high standards for Health and Safety, Quality, 5S and output to plan.
- Ensure work activities consistently meet quality, safety, cost and delivery specification.
- To provide feedback to team members during the working shift on the things most likely to maintain and improve performance.
- Promptly identify poor performance/unacceptable behaviour - and bring it directly to the attention of the team member concerned, ensuring that the correct policy/procedure is followed.
- Actively encourage team members to freely report actual and potential variations in quality.
- Undertakes the performance reviews of team members and identifies training needs and solutions, developing the Team skills matrix.
- Make recommendations for improvements involving people and processes.
- Keep the immediate Manager informed about activities, results and achievements.
- Ensures information about problems and opportunities is clear, accurate and provided with appropriate urgency.
- Where there is concern over the quality of work, the matter is discussed and addressed with the people concerned using the applicable policy/procedure.
- Hold daily briefings and Toolbox Talks to ensure that the team is set for success.
- Organises and co-ordinates cover (Breaks, Absence, Holiday) within their shift (or area of plant) to ensure efficient, smooth, and continuous running to meet production plan priorities.
- Any other specific tasks detailed by Management within the job holders area of responsibility.
This Production Lead Operative role will require the previous skillsets and exposure:
- Previous exposure working as a production operator is essential
- Experience within Health and Safety, IOSH preferably within the ISO 45001 framework.
- Experienced in providing leadership and line management to the shift team.
- Ability to plan a variety of tasks and activities to benefit the line.
- Ability to work with other stakeholders in developing improved performances.
- Use of google platform including google mail, google sheets and presentations.
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality within a ISO 9001 quality management system framework.
- Substantive experience in using CI lean techniques, Green Belt preferably.