Laser Setter Operator
Laser Setter Operator
Starting at £14.33 - £15.71 Per Hour –Dependent on Experience.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a an established and professional company based near Syston, Leicester, LE7
As a Laser Setter Operator you will be primarily responsible for maintenance, set-ups and production runs, ensuring safety, accuracy and timeliness.
You will be supervising the production process and performing regular inspections throughout. You are responsible to ensure the equipment is working and safe.
We are ideally looking for someone with 1 to 2 years’ experience of setting up and programming laser/punch machines along with maintaining optics.
You will need good mathematical ability and be able to read and interpret drawings.
Days/Hours of Work
Rotating shift pattern:
Week 1 – 06:00am – 14:00pm
Week 2 – 14:00pm – 22:00pm
Rates of Pay
£14.33 - £15.71 Per Hour Depending upon Experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up, check, adjust and prepare laser CNC jobs
- Set-up and adjustment of material
- Locate and upload proper program from machine control
- Feedback to supervisors when jobs are not meeting production set standards
- Work with engineering and operations to ensure finished products are produced effectively to required standards
- Loading and unloading of product to the machine with attention to detail
- Take responsibility of ensuring packaging of products is done to a high standard
- Always ensuring the equipment and working area is set up and safe at all times
- Perform set up inspections and all subsequent required checks through production
- Monitor equipment and tool wear and request external maintenance when required
- Perform simple machine maintenance and repair as required
- Work with supervisor, programmer and engineers to make constant improvements to programs and procedures
Skills & Experience:
- 1 to 2 years experience of setting and programming laser/punch machines
- Must have experience in setting up and adjusting laser and/or punch machines as well as laser optics
- Able to operate precision measuring devices such as Vernier’s
- Understand and select laser cutting gases and parameters
- Good mathematical ability
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
How to Apply:
Please apply and we shall contact you immediately for an informal chat about the position – we are here to answer all your questions or alternatively call 0116 233 4404 or email email@example.com for more information.