Automation Contract Manager
Siamo Group are currently recruiting for an experienced ‘Automation Contract Manager’ on behalf of a leading company in the industrial automation field, at a global level.
Combining innovative engineering solutions with easy to use, open automation and enabling technologies, this organization helps companies of all sizes – and across a wide range of industrial segments – leverage the full potential of digital manufacturing. The Companies competency stems from 50 years of field proven-experience and a strong presence within every major industrial country.
What They do
Develops Industry 4.0-enabled systems, products and services.
The full portfolio includes joining, assembly and machining solutions for traditional and electric vehicles, robotized manufacturing systems, a complete family of robots (including collaborative and wearable robotics) with extensive range and payload configurations, autonomous logistics, and asset optimization services with real-time monitoring and control capabilities. The offering also extends to project management and consultancy, IoT services, and maintenance and training for a wide range of industrial segments. Its solutions support vehicle manufacturing, heavy industry, railway, renewable energy, and a wide variety of general industries.
The Contract Manager is responsible for its scope (Country, Cluster, segment…) to provide an effective life cycle management of Project Contracts from creation, administration, changes and claim management to close-out, during the entire value chain including Business Development, Order Acquisition and Operation
Duties and Responsibilities
(these are the positions essential duties and is not an all-inclusive list)
Main areas of responsibilities are:
- Ensuring proper application of Contract and Claim Management driving teams to focus on Contracting aspects during the Bidding and Execution phases with the aim to preserve and improve projects profitability and cash out-cash in profile.
- Review contracting documents to identify ambiguities, conflicts and risks and providing ongoing guidance on contract strategies, counteractions and trade-offs to Sales and Operations Managers.
- Identifying opportunities for customer changes (revenue, cash and profit enhancement), schedule relief, and claim management.
- Directly supporting Operation Managers in handling the Contracting correspondence with Customers, Suppliers and Partners.
- Ensuring all Contracting documentation is properly handed over from Sales to Operation, fully understood and stored.
- Preparing Contract Review reports in an appropriate way for different audiences: Project and Program Reviews, Portfolio Reviews and Contract Review Board.
- Leading initiatives aimed to strengthen Contract and Claim Management culture and awareness (e.g. Training, workshops, communication plans, etc) within the reference Country.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to analyse contractual Terms & Conditions and to identify the most relevant clauses.
- Understanding of Customer Requirements and Project Scope of work
- Understanding of Contractual Changes and Claim scouting, analysis and proposal.
- Understanding of Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Partners agreements
Commercial awareness and understanding of Cost Accounting Standards.
Salary - 50-65k annum depending on experience.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work from the office and visit customers on site!
Hours – 37.5hrs Per Week
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension - 6% employer / 3% employee contributions
- Life Insurance - 4 x salary