Shift Manager (3PL)
Do you want to work for one of the leading 3PL's?
Are you ready to take on an exciting step forward in your career?
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for optimising warehouse operations, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a SHIFT MANAGER.
- Salary: £40,000 plus Shift Premium
- Shift Pattern: Week 1: Monday to Thursday, 6 am to 6 pm Week 2: Tuesday to Friday, 6 pm to 6 am
- Generous Holiday Package and Benefits.
This role involves managing Operations Team Leaders and Team Members on your designated shift, ensuring seamless collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
You will foster a positive and collaborative work environment. Provide guidance, coaching, and support to enhance team performance.
Ensure efficient day-to-day warehouse operations. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to meet operational targets. Implement and maintain best practices for productivity and quality.
The Shift Management role will oversee the execution of the shift schedule. Monitor and manage resource allocation and workloads. Address and resolve operational challenges as they arise. Facilitate effective communication within the team and with other departments. Report key performance indicators and shift updates to higher management.
You will have proven experience in a leadership role within warehouse operations. Strong understanding of logistics and supply chain management. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to work the specified shift pattern.
A taste of the day to day:
• A 48-hour basic week, compromising of a detailed pre shift & end of shift handovers. Additional shift working may be required in peak seasons.
• To plan the development of the Warehouse team to ensure that, as an operation, we have the appropriate skill base and that at our individual team members have the appropriate development plans.
• To manage the operation within specified budgetary targets.
• Identify new initiatives that enhance the operation and that add value, whilst identifying possible cost reduction initiatives.
• Introduce clear and robust processes on site that continuously improve the operational team whilst working towards implementation of a “right first time” culture.
• Manage all contracts when on shift, ensuring each achieves their operational & Key Performance Indicators.
• Responsible for the entire site out of office hours & communicate as per the business continuity plan.
• Ensure all shift colleagues are trained & signed off as per the sites policies, procedures & processes.
• Drive accountability on their shift & those within their team.
• Create a culture where Health & Safety is paramount.
• Provide root cause analysis for all near misses, incidents & accidents on shift.
• Review risk assessments & SSOW as part of the H&S investigation process, delivering an environment of continuous improvement on shift.
• Work within legislation, ensuring the shift & therefore the site are compliant.
• Support the company & site initiatives & implement on shift.
• Capture all hours worked, for all employees on shift, within the required timelines for the internal customers.
Join this team in shaping the future of our logistics team and contributing to their continued success!
CALL The Team today - 01234 413 413
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Siamo Bedford, who are acting as an employment agency / business.
One of our Recruitment Specialists will now review your application. Due to the high volume of applications Siamo Recruitment receive, it is with regret we are unable to respond to all candidates directly.