We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with a leader of network connectivity experiencing exciting growth and looking to build for the future with the opportunity to join them as a 3rd Line Support Network Engineer.
As the 3rd Line Support Network Engineer, you, will be required to operate from the office with the regular requirements to be in the field qualifying our clients products to match the customers requirements. Clearly and concisely adjust to your customer competency leading them through a consultative and professional journey.
Our client provides you with the opportunity to grow your technical, entrepreneurial and problem-solving skills within a forward moving company always engineering gaps within their product range.
This role will provide you with direct reports to the leadership team with an clear offer of fluid career progression for the driven talent.
This 3rd Line Support Network Engineer vacancy will be required to uphold the below responsibilities:
- Provide good working knowledge of optical networking products including; coding, network equipment configuration, and optical communication
- Become the trusted relationships holder internally between Sales, Engineering and Technical Support
- Provide existing and new customer with Level 3 technical support
- Configuration of customer networking equipment, and development of product configurations.
- Attending customer sites to qualify our products in the customers’ network, or to troubleshoot an issue.
- Document customers requirements and engagements thoroughly. Including, stakeholders: people and positions, customer network preferences, technology preferences, and customer qualification milestones.
- Validate Optical Transceiver performance and Code compatibility per customer requirements.
- Identify gaps in our product database and work with Engineering to develop new products.
- Understand customer technical roadmaps and make product solution recommendations.
- Assist customers with their qualification plans and requirements.
- Create test plans to replicate customer issues and work with internal teams to ensure customer requirements are completed in a timely manner.
- Work jointly with Engineering, PLM, CSEs and Sales teams to articulate customer requirements.
- Provide detailed documentation on customer requirements, site visits and action items
- Support Junior Engineers with their customer issues and site visits
This 3rd Line Support Network Engineer role will require the below qualifications and exposure:
- Optical transceiver hardware component (TOSA/ROSA) performance understanding.
- In-depth experience with optical transceiver Form Factors to include SFP, SFP+, QSFP and OSFP.
- In-depth understanding of optical transmission methods including PAM, Coherent and NRZ.
- Ability to read and understand customer design requirements.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, HEX, ASCII, EEPROMs
- Experience with DWDM, CWDM, MUX/DEMUX optical network typology.
- Experience or understanding of Fiber Optic Splitters, Circulators and Amplifiers.
- Experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, and server and network infrastructure.
- Experience with Optical Test equipment related to OTDR, BER, SNR and Sensitivity performance testing
- Experience with I2C, MDIO and SPI protocols.
- Understanding of MSA, IEEE and SFF standards relevant to Optical Transceivers
- CCNP, CCIE, or CISSP, ITIL, industry recognized IT related certifications a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (BEng), or four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.