Qualified Senior Support Worker (Children's Residential)
Qualified Senior Support Worker
Milton Keynes, MK6
£26,520 - £27,040 Per Annum Plus Sleep in Allowances
We have an exciting opportunity to work with an organization that changes young people’s lives positively but providing domestic, learning and life support for better lives and ensure they have the same opportunities as everyone else!
We are looking for people who are experienced in working with children and young people between the ages of 8 and 18 years to work as Senior Residential Support Workers at a home based in Milton Keynes, MK6
You would be responsible for overseeing a team of support workers and supporting the manager to provide day-to-day care for young people.
You will be supporting young people with activities and education as well as supporting them to navigate meetings and reports required during their time in residential care.
Working with a therapeutic approach you will support the team to work within legal parameters while following company policies and procedures to ensure the home is kept to a high standard.
You will be asked to partake in continuous learning and ongoing training that will aid in the safeguarding and support of young people.
Leading the shift, you will ensure the young people are safe and engaged and you will support your team to enable the young people to lead fulfilled lives.
- Providing day-to day care to the young people within the home
- Provide domestic and educational support and be there to support in activities
- Contribute to the development of the young people to reach their goals and succeed
- Be aware of safeguarding issues and look out and report signs as required
- Attend meetings about the young people and provide information as required
- Ensure the young people are attending education and ensure they attend other planned meetings and appointment
- Develop care plans and maintain records accurately
- Administrative duties: report writing, reviews, progress and Incident reports
- Support the manager with inducting and mentoring staff
- Build great working relationships and contribute to your team’s progression
- Observe and communicate effectively at all times
To be considered for the role you require the following:
- Experience of working with young people between the approximate ages of 12yrs to 17yrs
- Experience of working with challenging behaviors.
- Experience of working with ASC, mental health and or EBD is Desirable.
- Must hold minimum of NVQ Level 3 in caring for Children & Young People or equivalent
- Knowledge of safeguarding and problems young people can face.
- Experience of shift leading or working in a supervisory capacity
- Experience of completing LAC reports and attending external meetings
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent admin skills & verbal and written communication skills
- Food Hygiene, health & safety and safeguarding training are desirable – however these will be provided.
- Driving Licence (For a manual car)
Salary & Extra Payments:
The role is £26,520 - £27,040 Per Annum Plus Sleep in Allowances of £6,000 per Annum. On average you will do 6-10 sleep in shifts per month
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid Face to Face Training
- Annual Appraisal Bonus
- Employment Assistance Scheme
- Ofsted Bonus
- Probation Bonus
- Overtime of extra £2.50 per hour over 160 hours per month
- Sleep ins paid at £50
- Extra 8 hours annual leave for your birthday
- Paid Christmas Party
- Payment for Refer a Friend – paid after first shift is worked!
If you want to make a difference in young people lives and have the necessary experience, then this is a fantastic opportunity … so apply now!
Please call 0116 2334404 for further information or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you straight away.