Children's Residential Senior Support Worker
Senior Support Worker
Derbyshire (DE7 / DE75)
£25,512 - £27,033 Per Annum Plus Sleep in Payments
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional provider of care for Children & Young People.
This is an organisation that offers excellent care and educational support to young people with challenging behaviours.
We are looking for a Senior Support worker to assist in the management of the home and work with a team to ensure positive outcomes for the young people.
The role will involve developing interests and attitudes of the young people and supporting them to live independent and healthy lives, while encouraging educational goals. You will support and lead a team to achieve the best outcomes.
We are looking for individuals with experience of working with challenging behaviour within a residential setting and an understanding of safeguarding and promotion of welfare of young people.
The full-time hours are 39 hrs per week and will require a mix of shifts to be worked with the requirement to work some weekends and bank holidays and occasional sleep-ins are required.
Early Shift 07.30am – 15.00pm
Late Shift 14.30pm – 22.00pm (sometimes with a sleep in – Extra Payment)
Full Shift 07.30am – 22:00pm
*Shifts are done on a fair rota system*
**Part time hours may be considered**
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support in the development of new techniques and approaches to childcare within the provision.
- Organise and shift lead in group activities and holidays
- Encourage development in individual’s interested and attitudes
- Promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- Encourage young people to develop educationally
- Observe and assess behaviours of the young people.
- Ensure accurate care plans and reports at all times
- Assist in developing care plans
- Support and supervise care workers.
- Liaise with outside agencies to ensure the best care. Carry out induction with staff and ongoing assessments.
- Develop professional relationships with co-workers, young people and families
- Attend meetings
- Always ensure best care practices in line with policies and procedures
- Assist senior managements in all aspect of running the home
- Must have experience of working with young people in a residential setting
- Must hold minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience of work with learning Disabilities or SEBD would be extremely advantageous
- Range of life skills and experience is essential.
- Experience of leading a team is essential
- Understanding of safeguarding and wellbeing with regards to children and young people
- MUST be a driver and hold a valid UK Driving Licence
You will receive a competitive salary and holiday entitlement, excellent training opportunities and career progression within an organisation that is growing and achieving outstanding results.
**Please note this client does not hold a a Sponsor Licence so we cannot offer sponsorship**
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 0116 2334404 for further information