We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with a leading and privately owned engineering firm, experiencing extensive growth, seeking a professional and driven Procurement Manager to join their venture ensuring our client continues to perform and creates harmony between supplier and client.
Our client requires a Procurement Manager with proven ability to lead, improve on delivery times and reduce purchasing costs. Naturally a relationship builder with business improvement being in the forefront of their mind.
This Procurement Manager vacancy will suit a well organized and career driven talent looking to join a business and improve current processes to work in line with the directors to see company progression.
This Procurement Manager role will hold the below responsibilities:
- Lead a team of buyers ensuring their relationships are strong and reducing lead times
- Oversee existing contracts and look to reduce costings
- Plan, produce and implement a structured and strategic buying plan
- Regular mentoring and training with existing team growing skillsets
- Manage communications internally at an executive level ensuring internal relationships are strong with internal departments
- Keeping up with regular procurement trends and changes to the market
- Completing quality audits
- Review of vendor relationships
The ideal candidate for this Procurement Manager role will have:
- Previous procurement management is essential
- Proven success managing a team and improving skillsets
- Natural negotiator with proven exposure negotiating with suppliers
- Proven exposure creating strategic plans and implementing them successfully
- Experienced within the engineering community
- Management of stock levels upwards of £1m